Our services are funded through Alta California Regional Center, through the Department of Rehabilitation, and through contracts with schools or individuals. Our services are designed to assist and support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in finding and maintaining employment, in finding and maintaining volunteer work, attending college, starting and running their own businesses and, in general, being contributing, valued members of their communities.
We support individuals with a variety of support needs. We do not exclude anyone based on his or her perceived limitations or challenges. The job opportunities we offer enable our participants to become integrated into the workforce.
Individuals are employed onsite at area businesses, providing real jobs, with real pay, real responsibilities, and real rewards.
In preparation for employment, we take the time to get to know you by asking detailed questions and listening carefully to your needs. We help you develop a resume and assist you with the interviewing process. By assessing your individual skills and experience, we find jobs that best fit you.
We also assist individuals in finding meaningful ways to contribute in the community through volunteering and community participation as well as support to attend community college classes.
If being your own boss sounds like a better plan for you, we can support you in owning and operating your own small business.
Progressive Employment Concepts can assist you with any or all of the following:
Support to find and maintain employment
Support to pursue community and college classes
Support to facilitate community involvement
Support to access and learn public transportation
Support to identify jobs that match an individuals skills and interests
Individualize support to explore career advancement
Individualize support to pursue self employment
Support to enhance quality of life through experience and access
How it works:
- Individuals may seek additional information regarding services for themselves, or be referred by their school, their Regional Center or the Department of Rehabilitation
- Services are funded by the Regional Center or the Department of Rehabilitation
- Individuals are interviewed to identify current interests as well as past experiences
- If interested individuals may gain valuable experience by volunteering while searching for paid employment
- Assistance is provided to develop personal future plans
- Individual service plans are developed based on an individual’s desires and support needs
- Progressive Employment Concepts can support you in your goal to work in the community, at a job of your choice making minimum wage or better!
Services are funded by the Regional Center or the Department of Rehabilitation. Progressive Employment Concepts is a private, non-profit agency dedicated to supporting communities where everyone belongs.
(Businesses that have hired through PEC)
Brooksdale Senior Living
(Businesses owned and operated
by those we support)
Leaves & Grass
Rick’s Vending Biz
(Businesses and places where those we support volunteer)
Let’s Make A Change
Here are some ways you can donate:
606 Sunrise Vista Drive, Suite 1875
Citrus Heights, CA. 95610
105 E Street, Suite F
Davis, CA. 95616
Over the Phone
It’s easy to donate offline too.
Citrus Heights (916) 723-3112
Davis (530) 747-0230